Hey guys it’s Jay here. In this blog I’m going to summarize really quickly what I look for when I’m doing an exterior inspection of a mobile home before I purchase it.
Remember that parks really care about the upkeep of their community. They want to make sure that you bring the home up to park standards, whenever you’re leaving the home within the community.
To get the full appreciation of how I scan the home I suggest you watch the video at the top of this page. But for your convenience guys here’s the summarized list of things that you should keep an eye out for.
What you’re looking for is things that will cost you money. Things that can be repaired instead of replaced. And things that need to be removed or cleaned.
- Compare your home to the neighbor’s homes to see if it is up to park standards.
- Scan the roof for signs of damage or leaks.
- Look for water leaks around the sides of the home.
- Check the condition of the siding and skirting on every part of the exterior.
- Make a note if the backyard has anything to clean and get rid of.
- Walk up and down any stairs and check if it feels stable and strong.
- Awning posts need to be checked for strength and stability.
- Check the condition of all the windows. Open and close them.
- Walk all over the porch. Search for soft spots. Look at the carpeting.
- Find the external A/C unit. Switch it on. Check the condition of the wiring and casing.
- Find the water heater. Switch it on. Check the condition of the piping and water quality.
- Look over the paint job. Decide if it needs a new paint job or only a power wash.
Want To Become a Successful Mobile Home Investor?
If this video and post have you interested in becoming a successful mobile home investor, you might want to check out our free case study.
It’s about a student of ours who made a $10,000 profit in 48 hours selling a used mobile home.
Click the button below and enter your regular details to get access.
Yes! Show me the $10,000 case study →
Whenever you’re ready here’s how we can help
- Just getting started? Join our free Facebook group, Mobile Home Investing For Beginners.
- Ready to join our community and accelerate your growth? Apply to join our Accelerator Program.